Monday, March 24, 2014

Class Reflection

I presented the Visual Thesaurus web site on my recent blog, but Dr. Chen prepared a similar site that I enjoyed viewing, called Lexipedia.  Lexipedia is a visual tool to use in the English classroom for vocabulary.  Rebecca also provided a great site for children to go on a virtual tour (Click Here).  Game based learning resources, such as Minecraft is a different way of thinking.  I don't quite understand how the game works in content areas of teaching (English, Math, Science, History).  The class had the pleasure of interviewing a twelve year old boy who also confirmed that the game does not focus on the subject areas.  One important factor that the game enhances is cognitive development.  A child uses certain skills to build, or fight monsters in order to survive and move on.  I guess I need to play the game to understand it better.  If and when I do, I will let you know all about it.  I am curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment